Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February

From: Peter Colton
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:12:05 +0000

        Hello Andy,

When i encode ogg video I have found the video size of 576x352 which is
the size for PAL vcd video to be exellent.

The high quality size of 768x576 will not run on my machine that as 250 meg.

So instead of three videos at different size just one at the mid range
size 576x352 for PAL

The start of the video as the credit info and licence info. This info
can all so be added to the video meta data with ffmpeg2theora arguments.

ffmpeg2theora

--title ""
--artist ""
--organization ""
--copyright ""
--license ""
--location ""

The torrent name could have been more informative.

"fsuk_torrent"

could of been some thing like.

"manchester.fsuk.org-Talk-by-Stuart_Langridge-from-LUGRadio"

The ogg file name could have been some thing like.

Talk-By-Stuart_Langridge-from-LUGRadio-27.02.08.ogv

instead of:

FSUK_20080219_Mid_Quality.ogg

Below is the arguments I use with ffmpeg2theora

cat target.vob | ffmpeg2theora \
-x 576 -y 352 \
-a 2 -S 1 -v 6 \
--title "" \
--artist "" \
--organization \
--copyright "" \
--license "" \
--location "" \
-f mpeg -o output.ogg -

Aside the teething problems of torrent packaging style. Video
distribution by bittorrent is the way forward for campaign groups.

        Regards: peter

--
( Hasta la Victoria Siempre )
( www.democracynow.org : The War On Peace Report )