[Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February

From: Andy Halsall
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Video of the FSUK talk from the 19th February
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:48:52 +0000

*General*

The video of the February 19th 2008 meeting with Stuart Langridge (also known as Aq) of LUGRadio fame, that took place on the at 7:30pm at Manchester Digital Development Agency on Portland Street is available for download.

Torrent : http://thepiratebay.org/search/fsuk/0/99/0

Please keep seeding if you get it, its nice and legal and if you have the bandwidth and the inclination it will make things that much easier.

Http (1) : http://fbsa.eu/video.html
Http (2) : http://www.pl0rt.org/fsuk/video.html - courtesy of fluffle

Please use the fbsa.eu if its serving up OK (the video is actually on tdobson.net) as tdobson appears to have more spare bandwidth.

*DVD / CD*

Anyone who wants any of the video files on CD/DVD email me I will try and sort it out, ditto if you want the original raw DV files (also by email, I think its about 10Gb).

*Language*

Its all in English, transcript to follow, no subtitles.

*About the Quality*

This was an off the cuff recording, so the quality may vary...
The lighting is bad, I have tried to correct, but hey.
The audio was a little quiet.
The battery ran out about halfway through.
I ran out of tape after about 45 minutes.

My apologies, if there is demand then next time we can plan this properly.

*Copyright*

Currently the video's are marked as copyright fsuk.org, I figured as I currently own the copyright and have kindly received signed consent from Stuart Langridge (made out to ICTSC Ltd - [thats all I had with me]), whilst simultaneously being a member of the fsuk group, I could, with a clear conscience transfer the said copyright to fsuk, and accept it on fsuk's behalf. Any problems with that, contact me and I will do something different. Obviously I don't want to have to sue myself, but if I have to in order to protect my rights I will. (Copies of a written copyright transfer and Stuart's consent available at request).

Finally, I ended up picking the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK : England & Wales as a license for these, again, any problems contact me and I'll change it if need be.

These videos are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK : England & Wales, You are permitted to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, modify or adapt this video under the following conditions: You must attribute the work by keeping any copyright and 'created by' notices in place. For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a licence identical to this one.

Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder The full text of the license is available at: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/uk/ (or see LICENSE.TXT if you grabbed the torrent) Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

*More Info*

One more thing, As some of you know I am doing a video documentary thing about ODF and standardisation, as such I thought I would road test some of my documentary credits (specifically the first 30 seconds on this video) mainly because I figured if I was going to spend the time on it I might as well draw some benefit from it, and also because this is also CC licensed (for now at least). So any comments on that would be most welcome, I know its not much, but I'd appreciate it.

*Torrent Composition*

The Files in the torrent are:
Size  File Created DTG File Name                             Description
652M 2008-02-26 10:44 FSUK_20080219_Best_Quality(PAL).ogg The best quality OGG/Theora version. 170M 2008-02-26 10:44 FSUK_20080219_Mid_Quality.ogg An acceptable quality OGG/Theora version. 98M 2008-02-26 16:11 FSUK_20080219_Mid_Quality.mp4 A decent Quality (and size) MP4 version. 39M 2008-02-26 14:56 FSUK_20080219_Low_Quality.ogg The lowest quality OGG/Theora version.

4.2K  2008-02-26 20:10 .NFO                                  This file.
11K 2008-02-26 20:22 LICENSE.TXT Full text of the license.