[Fsuk-manchester] Wireless cards with free drivers

From: Paul Waring
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Wireless cards with free drivers
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:17:02 +0000

At the last FS Manchester meeting, someone (Matt I think) said that they
used a particular make of wireless card which had free (as in speech)
drivers available. Can anyone remember what this was? The one piece of
hardware which refuses to work on my Thinkpad is the built-in wireless
and I'd like to be able to make full use of my machine under GNU/Linux
if possible (also, the 10m ethernet cable trailing across the floor of
my flat is beginning to annoy me!).

Cheers,

Paul

--