[Fsuk-manchester] Any budding actor's?

From: Andy Halsall
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Any budding actor's?
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 17:30:24 +0000

Does anyone fancy doing a 'piece to camera' about the need for standardisation in file formats, the issues surrounding archival storage of data / sharing of data (not related to copyright) or anything related to ODF etc..?

I'm putting together a couple of short film's the first one will be on the subject of the ODF and surrounding issues, (adoption, competition, OOXML etc..) so any help would be appreciated.

If interested please either get in touch (I could bring a camera to the next FSUK meeting if no-one objects), or if you have video equipment of your own you could put together your own clip (2-3 minutes at most please) and make it available to me (just audio might come in handy too by the way) . In either case I will need a note to say its OK for me to use the clip.

Distribution will be via the wonder of the internet and possibly for use at conferences, meetings, seminars etc.. and it will be available under a permissive license (although I haven't done the research as to which one - suggestions would be nice too if anyone has already done something similar).

Cheers.

Andy.