Re: [Fsuk-manchester] GNU/Linux and free speech

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] GNU/Linux and free speech
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:25:52 +0000

Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
> Andy Halsall wrote:
> > Oh and Matt, you win a prize for the least subtle initiation of a
> > (rather poor in my opinion) flamewar I have seen in ages, no-one so far
> > partially posted in ALL CAPS, and the number of exclamation marks used
> > has so far been disappointing!!1!!!!
>
> It was for people coming from another list. No flamewar here yet, IMO.

Yeah, don't worry, this list's members are posting the thread back
over to fsfe-uk when it contains real flamebait...  :-(

The useful discussion is not so much "GNU-Linux or Linux?" but more
"what should groups be called and how can we make that happen?"
Clearly, the FAQ on www.gnu.org isn't how to make that happen in the UK,
because most people can find it and it doesn't change many minds.

(I've no idea whether the above is on-topic for this list, because this
list doesn't seem to have a charter, an admin team and so on.)

Regards,