Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ministry of Education from Brazil is buying 90, 00

From: Andy O'Brien
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ministry of Education from Brazil is buying 90, 000 Debian GNU Linux computers
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:00:21 +0000

I really think that RM Will try and drag out MS based products for as
long as then can. All their products are based around MS Systems and
they really do not develop with cross platform support!

I am guessing for this reason that their development costs for multi
platform will be massive.

This of course will end up costing schools more money. With the falling
birth rate and the current state of most schools finances, I'm sure that
such expensive new products would not have a high uptake.

As far as I'M aware none or RM's own software (especially web based) is
cross platform.

This annoys me somewhat. I Have to keep a remote desktop machine in the
server room to do most of my jobs!

Andy