Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: The Return of The Basement

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: The Return of The Basement
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:12:30 +0000

Hi Dave

For those of us who couldn't get to FSUK-Manchester meeting, or don't
spend much time in central manchester, perhaps you would like to
explain what is meant by:

*The Basement
*the IT Working Group
*The History behind the whole thing
*An idea of what you propose about this cluster, and FSUK's involvement in it.

------------

It should be pointed out that I hadn't heard of The Basement until you
mentioned it at the FSUK-Manchester meeting.
After that, I'm all for promoting Free Software, to some of the people
who will be most receptive, and appreciate it the most.

I suggest we attempt to make the proposed cluster a showcase of
desktop GNU/Linux (to the point the hardware can cope with), though I
worry about the flamewars which will result from the debate on what a
"showcase GNU/Linux desktop" is!

Oh and if you can talk nicely to matt lee, go for it.

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----