Re: [Fsuk-manchester] How to respond to anti-GNU trolls?

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] How to respond to anti-GNU trolls?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:02:40 +0000

> Aside from the OS itself, I use (almost) exclusively free software
> (nearly all GPL) on my Windows machine I don't refer to it as
> GNU/Windows. Why should I refer to my Ubuntu machine as GNU/Llinux?
> rather than just Ubuntu or just Linux?

Because GNU/Linux is the name of the operating system, not the
applications you use on your desktop. By your own admission you use
the Windows operating system with some GPLed software. So why would
you call it GNU/Linux when you're clearly, as you stated, running
Windows.

> The lord and saviour RMS is wrong on this one, and prefers GNU/Linux
> for his ego. How's HURD going these days anyway?

FOAD

;)

--
Noah Slater <http://www.bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman