[Fsuk-manchester] Advice on mobile phones please

From: Iain Roberts
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Advice on mobile phones please
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:49:11 +0000 (GMT)

Having been pretty firmly office-based for several years, I'm going to be far
more mobile from January and expect to be spending more of my time out and
about.

I've decided that this is the time to make the leap from basic mobile phone to
something that does a bit more.  I'm really not bothered about it being a great
camera or music player, but I do want:

- Something on which I can connect to the Internet and sensibly browse the web
without paying a fortune.
- Ability to use an SSH client so I can connect to customer servers.
- If at all possible, an open platform that plays nicely with GNU/Linux.

I really don't know much about what's out there, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Iain

--
Iain Roberts
Axiom Tech

Axiom Tech Ltd is registered in England and Wales at 92 Didsbury Road,
Stockport, SK4 2JL, company no 5684132, VAT no 878 6568 46.  Unless agreed
otherwise, all services and products supplied by Axiom Tech are subject to our
standard terms and conditions, available on request.