[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [man-lug] Meeting reminder - Free Software Manche

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [man-lug] Meeting reminder - Free Software Manchester - tomorrow 7pm
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:36:50 +0000

Hi
all, highly productive day in whitehall, didnt gt to question any
miniters etc unfortuntly and my mp, tom levitt, is a bit uneducated on
techie issues.
mp for loughbrough, andy someone, knew what the fsf was when i
mentioned it. very nice guy, possibly home gnu+linux user, definitly
awre of benefits etc of free software. - runs OO.o and advocates
others do too.
he is happy to answer emails etc and i sugget we do this. he is  a
VERY friendly guy so should be a good fried to have.

Any questions welcome by email or to the list.

a few interesting bits:

parts of downing street run on win 2000 pro

mps: xp (?) classic interfce, nasty ms database applications replicatd
for sync between varius offices.

--

irrelevant:
tesco PoS run windows, i have phone pic of PoS saying it is now safe

--

apologies for spellig, i *WAS* on a nasty kiosk thingy in euston with
shit mettalic keybaord. + windows

---

its a shame ottavio couldnt attend, it would have been vary
interesting to have heard his point of view when he knew what the
event was about,
I even think that he might have had some really good questions to ask
government on technological issues.
However I'm sure that one day he will come to a meeting and talk about
his opinions in a rational, friendly and logical way; i look forward
to it indeed!

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----