Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mcr MS IT schools provision -- [Fwd: Re: [OSA-Memb

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mcr MS IT schools provision -- [Fwd: Re: [OSA-Members] ZDnet frontpage]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:08:41 +0100

Noah Slater wrote:
Perhaps we could all contact the counillor for our area (me excluded
as I'm not a resident) and someone should formally contact
Manchester's MP as a representative of our organisation.

Manchester has lots of MPs (depending on how you define 'Manchester', but I can name five or six off the top of my head), and most will want you to be a constituent in their area in order to reply to letters/emails/faxes.

I don't think any of the major parties have a particular policy on open source (Tories might like it because it offers a cut to budgets though) and I bet they all use Windows in their HQs, but as it's not a big manifesto issue each MP can probably make up their own mind about their stance without feeling party pressure, so it may be easier to convince them that open source is a good way forward.

Paul