Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mcr MS IT schools provision

From: Iain Roberts
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Mcr MS IT schools provision
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:38:54 +0100 (BST)

----- "Noah Slater" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > - Come along to the Open Schools Alliance conference on Free and
> Open Source Software in Liverpool next Friday and invite the people
> you contact to come along too.
>
> Interesting suggestion. I wonder how many people here would be
> prepared to do that.

Here's the full info.  If anyone's around South Manchester, would like to go,
but doesn't have transport, I may be able to offer a lift.

Subject: Event Invitation: keynote - Martin Dougiamas, Moodle CEO -
Success in Education - Liverpool 19th Oct - Limited No of Places

Open Schools Alliance invites you to Success in Education Conference:
Free and Open Source Software on Friday 19th October 2007.

Conference website: http://openschoolsalliance.org/education-event/

The Success in Education Conference provides:
*   A showcase for the successful deployments of free & OSS in
Education worldwide
*   Direct dialogues with leading experts from the ICT and Education
arenas
*   Demonstrations of leading software solutions
*   First hand accounts of Open Source Software (OSS) installations

Reasons to attend:
*   Learn about real-life implementations using OSS in Education
*   Understand the benefits and problems
*   Speak to people who claim to have saved millions by switching to OSS
*   See how teachers and students are using OSS to become creators of
both applications and content
*   Try out different products and see live demonstrations

Who should attend? People in the education sector including:
*   Head Teachers, ICT Co-ordinators, Special Schools, Network Managers
*   School Governors, Local Authorities, Politicians
*   Primary Schools, High Schools, Colleges

Speakers include:
     Martin Dougiamas, Moodle CEO
     More: http://openschoolsalliance.org/education-event/itinerary

Free registration:
     Website: http://openschoolsalliance.org/education-event/
registration
     Email: address@hidden
     Cost: event is free
     SPACES LIMITED: early registration recommended

Event details: