Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Meeting

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Meeting
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:11:06 +0100

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 05:57:37PM +0100, Nigel Rolland wrote:
> I would support the suggestion to hold the meeting
> at IKEA meeting rooms in Ashton-u-lyne
>
> I am slightly biased because I live in Ashton but the place is
> very accessible either by car or public transport as it is a
> short walk from both the train and bus station in Ashton.

Not trying to be awkward (well, maybe) but Ashton-under-Lyne isn’t
*that* convenient for those without transport.  Though better than
Oldham, it still suffers a little from Manchester’s great North/South
divide with respect to public transport.  If I were to go to Ashton, I’d
prefer early afternoon on a Saturday, allowing plenty of scope for
things going awry.  Early evening is ok, I can travel from work.

It’s easier for me to get to Macclesfield, I tried[1]. ☺

A much better halfway house would be the city centre.

[1] http://bleah.co.uk/blog/posts/first_sc_lug/

simple system that works.
    — John Gaule