[Fsuk-manchester] Welcome to the List

From: Robin Joinson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Welcome to the List
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:50:37 +0100

Hello to all on the list; thought I'd better introduce myself.

I work for the University of Manchester on the web support team, where we
pretty much use Debian the whole time, including on the desktop.

I started dabbling in Linux about 1996 and became seriously interested the
following year.  Starting out with Slackware and Red Hat, I eventually moved
over to Debian about 4 years ago and have stuck with it since for most of my
work.

I've tried out a few BSDs as well and most recently had a look at a few
OpenSolaris efforts, such as Nexenta GNU/Solaris (Ubuntu for Solaris freaks?),
Belenix and Schillix.

Best Regards,

--Robin