Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Welcome to the list!

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Welcome to the list!
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:32:55 +0100

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 01:45:25PM +0100, Matt Lee wrote:
> Thanks for signing up.

Thanks for setting the list up.

> I don't know most of you, so perhaps we could each take a moment to
> introduce ourselves, if only for my benefit.

I’m Simon Ward, unwittingly introduced to free software on AmigaOS,
believe it or not. There was this Bourne Again Shell thingy, and a load
of useful tools to go with that I now know of as GNU tools. I don’t
think I understood or cared about free software at the time, but since
then I got introduced to various distributions through Linux Format
(received instead of Amiga Format when it stopped publishing). I
eventually settled on Debian GNU/Linux.

I work for an Internet security company doing vulnerability assessment,
and write the occasional piece of free software in my spare time. I’m
mostly a user at the moment though.

simple system that works.
    — John Gaule