fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

Re: [FSF] September issue of the Free Software Supporter for translation

From: victorhck
Subject: Re: [FSF] September issue of the Free Software Supporter for translation
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 12:58:40 +0200

El 5/9/19 a las 18:49, Pablo Navarro escribió:
> Hello Dana!
>
> I am back to the volunteer work after a long hiatus!
>
> Translators can check for corrections on:
> https://pad.april.org/p/septiembre_2019
>
> Glad to be able to be back! Have a nice evening everyone!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pablo Navarro.

Great to have more people involved!

Thank you! Great (and huge) work done with your translation, but...
(always there's a but)
Please in the pad include the original english text (provided by Dana in
a MarkDown file) each english item text add your translation. Even
better if you separate items with a --- mark. In that way it's more easy
clean up at the end.
In that way it's more easy to make a peer review, fix translations, etc.
You have an example about that in old pads like this one:

https://pad.april.org/p/agosto_2019

It's needed to follow the GNU rules to translations, in that way,
there's a homogeneous speech. So please take a look to this rules:

https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.translations.html

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#DigitalRightsManagement

https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/es/recursos.html

There you can find some rules to follow in your translations. For
example, you have translated Digital Rights Management like "Gestión
Digital de Derechos" that's grammatically right, but doesn't follow the
GNU and FSF philosophy and should be "Gestión Digital de Restricciones
(DRM)"

And please follow the MarkDown format, there's no the same:
* bold * vs. *bold*

The right way to markdown to mark a word in bold format is the second.
Somethig similar for links, etc.

Following this simple rules and workflows, it's easy to work as a group.

Anyway, thanks a lot for joining to this mailing list and workgroup! :)

Happy hacking!!

PS: Please, when you answer specifically to spanish mailing list, don't
include other mailing list address in field To: in your mail (netiquette) :)

--
GPG Key: 0xcc742e8dc9b7e22a

Aprende a proteger la privacidad de tu correo:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/es/

Mi blog sobre openSUSE, GNU/Linux y software libre:
https://victorhckinthefreeworld.com/

Herramientas para proteger tu privacidad
https://victorhck.gitlab.io/privacytools-es/