fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

[FSF] Supporter item: GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 19 new GNU releases

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: [FSF] Supporter item: GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 19 new GNU releases!
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:00:41 -0500

As I'm sure you know, much of this text is exactly the same as in last
month's supporter.

### GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 19 new GNU releases!

19 new GNU releases as of February 25th:

* autoconf-archive-2013.02.02
* gnunet-0.9.5a
* pycdio-0.19
* autogen-5.17.2
* groff-1.22.2
* serveez-0.2.0
* coreutils-8.21
* libmicrohttpd-0.9.25
* texinfo-5.0
* glpk-4.48
* linux-libre-3.8
* unrtf-0.21.3
* gmp-5.1.1
* mdk-1.2.7
* xboard-4.7.0
* gnubatch-1.7
* octave-3.6.4
* gnuhealth-1.8.0
* parallel-20130222

To get announcements of most new GNU releases, subscribe to the info-gnu
mailing list: <http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnu>.  Nearly
all GNU software is available from <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/>, or
preferably one of its mirrors (<http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html>).  You
can use the url <http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/> to be automatically
redirected to a (hopefully) nearby and up-to-date mirror.

This month, we welcome Mark Veltzer as a new co-maintainer of GNU grep.

I'd like to specially mention Texinfo 5.0, the first release in Texinfo
in too many years.  It is a complete reimplementation of makeinfo,
merging in texi2html features and more, while retaining practical
compatibility, primarily thanks to the efforts of Patrice Dumas.
The Texinfo home page is <http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo>.

A number of GNU packages, as well as the GNU operating system as a
whole, are looking for maintainers and other assistance.  Please see
<http://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.html#unmaint> if you'd like to
help.  The general page on how to help GNU is at
<http://www.gnu.org/help/help.html>.  To submit new packages to the GNU
operating system, see <http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html>.

As always, please feel free to write to me, <address@hidden>, with any
GNUish questions or suggestions for future installments.