[Fsfe-uk] FDL additional constraints

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] FDL additional constraints
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:21:08 -0000

As this is a hot topic I need to state that I'm asking a straight honest question and hoping to avoid lengthy discussion.

If a document contains this license statement, is it compliant with the GPL3? In both directions?

   Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
   document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
   Version 1.3 <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html> or any later
   version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
   Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

And, technically, is such a document licensed under the FDL or have we just made a new license which is the FDL + 3 constraints?

The question arises with respect to a literate programming tool I have written, called newfangle. I'm trying to find out if the "Book of the Code" may be FDL licensed with such a statement.

(Out of respect for Savannah requirements, I'm FDL licensing all the general documentation and meta-documentation).

Sam