Re: [Fsfe-uk] 3 days left until Welsh misses the debian-installer

From: Kevin Donnelly
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] 3 days left until Welsh misses the debian-installer
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:00:19 +0100

On Thursday 18 September 2008 09:37, MJ Ray wrote:
> Can anyone here give them a hand getting Welsh language support in the
> debian installer, please?  It says the chances are low, but the
> 100-days projects shows that Welsh-language translators can do amazing
> things sometimes.  See the email which follows:

I think Dafydd Harries was doing the Debian work, and so far as I know he has
stopped doing translations now.

There are 266 fuzzy and 364 untranslated messages in the 5 files, which is not
impossible to do in 3 days. However, doing it in a hurry might mean slightly
different vocabulary being used in similar strings, and then people who like
to whinge about such things would be annoyed :-)  I'll be away for most of
Fri and Sat anyway.

However, if anyone (Gareth?  Dafydd?) would like to share out the work, and/or
check what I get done, then I'd be willing to give it a go.

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly

www.cymraeg.org.uk - Welsh-English autotranslator