Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPLv3 last days for comment, and other news links

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] GPLv3 last days for comment, and other news links
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:11:14 +0100

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:06:20 +0100
"Jon Grant" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Imagine if a toolkit vendor said all the "Zt" had to be removed, and
> all the classes have the trademark "Z" name prefix removed on anyone's
> redistributed copies. It might be practically not worth the effort in
> attempting the task!

As I understand it - correct me if I'm wrong - Red Hat isn't requiring
people to remove trademarks from GPL-covered source code, which would be
against the GPL. Rather, they are requiring people to remove trademarks
from images, banner files and such things, which have not been released
under the GPL.
--
Robin