Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS still active?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:51:44 +0000

Chris Croughton <address@hidden> wrote:
> And renumbering 3 items is such a terribly hard thing to do, of course.

Step away from the dull/off-topic keys, please.

> On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:36:43PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Some of them remain, for sure:
> > - financing
>
> For what purpose?

Free software development.

> > - connecting UK supporters to other groups
>
> Does that happen?

It did when I was on ctte.  I don't know about the current ctte.  It's
a shame if even that basic activity has ceased: what *is* AFFS doing?

> > - monitoring/helping UK l10n, i18n and politics
>
> Does that happen?  Monitoring politics, to a small extent, but I don't
> recall seeing anything about i18n or l10n.

There's still a need for it.  The l10n stuff is one of the few bits of
my AFFS webspace that I resurrected on my own site and I still get
several emails about it.  I've had emails about the old UkLaw page too.

> > Once it sorts itself out, AFFS could assist with the coordination and
> > chronicling.  Should AFFS run meets at other events?
>
> In what way, apart from this mailing list?

Promoting, recording, archiving and probably others I've not imagined.

Also, this mailing list is not AFFS.

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.