[Fsfe-uk] Why I quit, state of the AFFS and forthcoming elections

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Why I quit, state of the AFFS and forthcoming elections
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:23:20 +0100

I've been busy, but I've shown this to a few people and now
I want to make it available to all AFFS supporters. It's a
summary of where I think AFFS is now, a description of what I
did for AFFS and part of why I resigned. I can post it now that
I'm definitely not restricted any more by the silly decision
against committee members actually using mailing lists properly.

Read more: http://mjr.towers.org.uk/writing/stateoftheaffs.html

And now a request: Nominate and Elect for Efficient Openness!

The AGM should happen in the next two months, so I ask AFFS
members to attend the AGM (details to be announced) and to elect
new committee members who will work efficiently and as openly
as possible. The main activities AFFS should do seem simple but
are important: financing and communicating. Efficiency helps
financing and openness helps communicating. You don't have to
be a political genius or hacker god to do that. Do you think
you could do it well? Nominations to address@hidden and
let this list know, please.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/