ris Croughton <address@hidden> Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Resignation fr

From: John Seago
Subject: ris Croughton <address@hidden> Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Resignation from AFFS committee
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:46:05 +0100

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:43:04 +0100
From: Chris Croughton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm not saying anything about what 'should' happen, I'm saying that it
> does happen and that to pretend that it doesn't is silly.

I, on the other hand, am concerned with what 'should' happen, I expect
decisions made, whether they conform to the rules, standing orders etc.,
or not; to be recorded, (together with the names of those arriving at
them), at the very least, so that they can be struck down, confirmed or
revisited later. In this case, having regard to the material quoted by
Mark, it would appear that the decision fails to meet the requirements
needful for it to be considered binding, however as the decision arrived
at has not been recorded then it would appear not to be a 'decision' at
all as no-one could be bothered to record it. I cannot accept that we the
members should be required to accept that the correct forum has made an
appropriate decision, or the decision itself, based on what an individual
may or may not have a hazy recollection of at a later date.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux User #219566 http://counter.li.org