Re: [Fsfe-uk] Resignation from AFFS committee

From: Graham Seaman
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Resignation from AFFS committee
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:08:33 +0100

Alex Hudson wrote:

>>>Perhaps I can't count then.
>>>

>>Either it did or it didn't, regardless of your numerical skills.  Presumably
>>it should be recorded on minutes somewhere, unless that concept has (once
>>again) been discarded as cramping people's style.
>>

>It didn't happen at a meeting, so no, I'm afraid it hasn't been minuted.
>But it did achieve the required majority: when, I don't know, I thought
>it was before Mark left. I might be wrong about that.

Since these emails are presumably being archived for anyone to examine
in the future, might it be
a good idea for someone to explain for posterity and those of us not on
the committee what's going
on? Lack of time and volunteers? The organisation has been taken over by
a cabal?  Ambitious
constititution without the means to implement it?  Political
disagreement? All of the above?
How can you have the 'required majority' outside a meeting, whether
minuted or not?

Cheers
Graham