[Fsfe-uk] AbiWord

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] AbiWord
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:26:10 +0000

To Chris Croughton, I extend my apologies and accept his. to those of you
who have patiently explained the technical points of saving attachments I
extend my grateful thanks.

I, on the one occasion that I used an attachment, have found that I failed
to save it in the right format. Strangely enough I have discovered that
AbiWord will save in 26 formats, including RTF, backwardly compatible RTF,
and Microsoft formats, including Word .docs. These 26 formats seem to be
10 more than OpenOffice can save in, I have yet to check if those that
AbiWord uses, cover those that are present in Open Office, which would
seem to make AbiWord, as a stand alone word processor, a useful tool for
those who do not want or need the OpenOffice Suite of applications.

I will write to the e-Government Unit, to discover which formats they can
open, should I ever use and attachment again.
--
John Seago
GNU/Linux User #219566 http://counter.li.org