[Fsfe-uk] AFFS donations and sponsorship

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS donations and sponsorship
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:55:53 +0000

This applies now and we'll do it as soon as we can. I hope you like it.

* AFFS items should not be sponsored.

* AFFS must invite donations.

* Donors must be listed alphabetically on the current donor listing page on the AFFS site for 1 year unless they choose to be anonymous. The amount may be listed if the donor wishes. A total amount donated and a total of anonymous donations must be given at the end of the listing.

* AFFS promotional materials should include the donor listing URL.

* Sponsorship of items by AFFS may be undertaken when the item furthers the aims of AFFS.

* Sponsor messages must be approved by the executive committee.

Notes: "must" indicates an obligation; "should" indicates an intention, but there is no liability or penality for not acting as described. This is similar to IETF BCP 14.

This text was revised 25 Feb 2004 after committee responses to still-unanswered questions since the RFC appeared in the newsletter. They chose the form of the donor listing, what to do about anonymous donors and not to worry about possible treasurer overload yet. Fuller history of this at http://www.affs.org.uk/~mjr/treasury/rfc-sponsorship.txt and in the archives of fsfe-uk.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden