[Fsfe-uk] Re: [Ffii-uk] Re: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Update on software patent

From: Bernhard Kaindl
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Ffii-uk] Re: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Update on software patents
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:53:50 +0100

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Philip Hunt wrote:
> > (i) The meeting of the Competitiveness Council on November 27th.  This
> > is the last date for political agreement, if the Directive is to
> > complete its stages before the EuroParl elections next year.
>
> Incidently, whatever happened to the meeting that was going to happen
> on November 10th (Monday), according to
> <http://www.ffii.org.uk/council.html>?

I've no report from this meeting yet(at least the council should, but
transparency
is something the council really lacks, this should be improved, I think).

On another list(it was it-parl of ffii.org), I've seen a Background Document of
the
Press Service for Press People about the Nov10 Meeting:

http://ue.eu.int/pressData/en/intm/77852.pdf

The only patent related background information in it is about the community
patent,
so this seems to indicate that software patents were not on official agenda of
this
meeting, but I guess it might have been if we wound not have triggered this
review
and let things go as the IP workgoup would have liked.

Bernhard
--
   "An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes
       which can be made in a very narrow field."