Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] RFC: Sponsorship
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:15:49 +0100

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 03:48:11PM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
>
> > * Acknowledge non-monetary donors seperately at the top of
> >   the page, or when-simple, convert to monetary value.

yeh, I'm not married to this idea, it's an implementation detail,
I'd be happy to leave it to the commitee.

> > * List donors in order of monetary value, to give bigger donors
> >   a more promenent listing.  Headings *could* divide the donors
> >   into double-digit donation, triple-digit, etc.
>
> I don't much like either of these, I prefer instead a simple alphabetical
> listing.

Well, we want entities to donate as much as possible, so in return
it would be useful to offer *some* recognition for entities that donate
300quid instead of 30.  There's also the issue of transperancy, if
MegaCorp want to claim they're an AFFS donor, I think the public
should be able to see if they are a top-echelon donor or a token
donor.

Way I see it, monetary ordering provides some incentive for larger
donation.  What's the downside of it?

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/