Re: [Fsfe-uk] McCarthy report withdrawn

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] McCarthy report withdrawn
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:34:36 +0100

Adam Moran wrote:
hi,

i'm new to this list - i'm cross posting this to the [Fsfe-ie] list

Thanks Adam.

In the unlikely event the forthcoming (next Wed.) conference has not had enough coverage I post the news article that drew my attention to this. Please forward on as appropriate.

<http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=654369586&fp=2&fpid=1>

'Next Wednesday the Green Party in the European Parliament, which agrees with opponents such as the open source and free software communities, will host a conference on the draft law which is scheduled to be voted on at the next plenary session of the European Parliament towards the end of this month.'

There is Tim Berners-Lee, a scientists' petition, an economic forum from Maasrticht and a consumer group represented among others.

[...]

e-Patents and Financial Investing

IMHO this is a good angle to boost the anti-swpat campaign.

Another helpful angle is the one based on pure economic studies

<http://swpat.ffii.org/archive/mirror/impact/index.en.html>
'Research on the MacroEconomic Effects of Patents'

Best regards,

Ramanan