RE: [Fsfe-uk] UKFSN makes a profit

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: RE: [Fsfe-uk] UKFSN makes a profit
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:48:46 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Chris Puttick wrote:

> http://sql-ledger.org
>
> Just needs appropriate chart of accounts. This is being used for hosting
> company accounting systems as a viable business. Surely this would suggest
> it's up to scratch?

I am inclined to agree that SQL Ledger is very good. There are others too.

As I said before all that is lacking is the localised tax handling for
both corporate reporting and payroll and the thing that really holds that
back is the timely preparation of the necessary tables.

If an accountant is willing to take the business and use a given packages
such as SQL Ledger or Gnucash I'm fairly sure AFFS could refer a lot of
business their way including mine.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/           ADSL Broadband available now