[Fsfe-uk] Re: [Alug]Software Patents /. story

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Alug]Software Patents /. story
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:01:28 +0100

On 2003-08-30 13:19:54 +0100 Paul Russell <address@hidden> wrote:
There's a story on /. at the moment which talks about a letter sent by one John Salin to the USPTO regarding software patents. The author of this article suggests mentioning this to MEPs. Does anyone know enough about the way the anti-SP movement is run here in the UK to make this happen in a coordinated fashion?

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/08/29/2136238.shtml?tid=155&tid=99

Paul, thanks for the information. The main lists that I know of which are dealing with swpat in the UK are the fsfe-uk list and the FFII.org lists. We're already doing a lot of MEP contacting and more is always welcome. I think you'll be able to find a lot of advice on it at the www.FFII.org.uk www.softwarepatents.co.uk and swpat.ffii.org sites and get writing/faxing/emailing. This topic is live at least until October, I think.

I'm not a member of the FFII email list yet, but I'll cc this to the fsfe-uk list and hope that someone will forward it where relevant and not yet seen.

[Note to fsfe-uk: this is forwarded from the list of the Anglian local user group, www.alug.org.uk ]
      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
  *UPDATED* Kit for sale at http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ads.html