Re: [FSFE-UK] Is this for real?

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [FSFE-UK] Is this for real?
Date: 23 Aug 2003 08:26:12 +0100

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 01:04, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> 'Delivering the National Strategy for local e-government
> Transforming local services'
> Head of local government for a criminally convicted company speaking!
> Do events like this happen all the time?
> I bumped into it by accident.

Yeah, they do pretty much happen all the time. Microsoft's criminal
conviction is mostly irrelevant; since our country runs a lot of their
software their views are 'important'.

You missed the interesting meeting coming up in November though...

http://www.kablenet.com/ke.nsf/EventsSummaryView/784BFC4AD068187180256D89004DC46C?OpenDocument

"Open Source in the Public Sector"

I think that would be the one to try to get into. I've met someone from
Kablenet before, and I know CDR have contacts with them. It would be
worth dropping them a line.

> (Alex: As my previous posts to the list look delayed by more than twoa
> hours CCed to you too)

gnu.org servers are usually quite slow, but seem very slow at the
moment. I don't know whether it's something to do with the virus
outbreak, but there do seem to be severe issues at the moment.