[Fsfe-uk] OOo and Linux OUTSELLS Microsoft in Thailand!]

From: ian
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] OOo and Linux OUTSELLS Microsoft in Thailand!]
Date: 22 Aug 2003 08:39:14 +0100

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 20:42, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Good news folks - dunno if you've seen this yet, but it's great news.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Yes, I have pointed out to the Office of Fair Trading that since
Microsoft can sell Windows and Office combined in Thailand for $36 a
pop, it demonstrates that the inflated prices in the UK are due to its
monopoly. They did ask me for evidence of abuse of monopoly in the past
saying that being a monopoly itself was no crime, but abusing that
monopoly to keep prices high was. I think this is pretty good evidence
;-)

--
ian <address@hidden>