Re: [Fsfe-uk] Anyone understand EU directive process?

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Anyone understand EU directive process?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 04:13:27 +0100

Hi MJ,
  Sorry for the late response, I somehow missed your mail
and just saw it now while reading the archives.

  That link[0] you gave was just what I wanted.  I
think I understand the Co-decision procedure now.
It seems our work may not end on Sept 1st.

  Myself and the people on the fsfe-ie list lobbied our
MEPs to vote No.  We were expecting to have to argue with
them about why swpats are bad but instead most of them
have mailed us back asking what amendments should be
voted on to fix this directive.

  I'm trying to make such a list now.  I'll run it by
this list when I'm done.

thanks.

ciaran
[0] http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/en/about/abc/abc_21.html