[Fsfe-uk] E-envoy and Open file formats

From: ian
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] E-envoy and Open file formats
Date: 01 Aug 2003 14:58:52 +0100

Just had an E-mail from the E-envoy's office after pointing out that
just making files available on Gov sites using Word was not on.
Encouragingly they said they agreed and were now discussing ways of
getting round this. I suggested using OO.org on some test sites and
volunteered to convert some files from Word for them if they wanted.

If we can get OO.org versions of files even alongside Word for downloads
it will be a big step forward.

Regards,
--
ian <address@hidden>