Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 16:00:07 +0100

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:39:00AM +0100, ian wrote:
> > 1. What to do with the money?  As soon as I've finished counting it, I'll
> > say exactly how much there is, but it's probably time to start picking
> > things to use it for.  Ideas welcomed.
>
> Look to use it to increase the membership because that would help
> generate more and also give more political clout.Once there is
> sufficient funding use it to fund key free software projects.

Sounds good; how about a voting system open to all full members to decide
which project(s) get the money?

Ooh, electronic voting - controversial!! ;-)

I think electronic voting is potentially very dodgy for national government
elections (security, corruption, non-secret-ballots, etc.) but I don't see a
big problem
with it for uses like this. But we would need a minimum amount of security
and auditing, as real money would be at stake!

--
Robin