Re: [Fsfe-uk] The recent Nigerian mail

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] The recent Nigerian mail
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 18:17:51 GMT

Illtud Daniel <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Is filtering necessarily the best way to do this? IMHO just disallowing
>> non-subscribed addresses from posting would solve 99% of spam issues.
> Bingo. I thought this was the norm for any mailing list. Confirmed
> subscriptions, and only allow posts from susbscribers.

The GNU list server *was* filtering through some sort of spam daemon, so
this was not an issue.  Now it isn't so I'll change the default to only
allow subscribed addresses to send messages.  If anyone has a problem with
that, please email me and I'll add your desired sending address to the
approved list.

Apologies for my absence.  The other list admin seems asleep.  Committee,
which of you has too much free time?

MJR