Re: [Fsfe-uk] Minutes

From: Martin Coxall
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Minutes
Date: 15 Apr 2002 15:50:03 +0100

> Then perhaps you should have a little more respect for those who are
> willing, under very difficult circumstances, to take on a job which you
> consider to be beneath you.

An oxymoron, surely? If I consider the role of being a bureaucrat
beneath me, how can I respect it?

I could be a committee secretary, and I have been, where it meant
something, but I refuse to think and act like a bureaucrat. And as the
AFFS currenly hasn't even decided on a purpose, the concerning ourselves
with such trivialities as agenda and minutes can only be an act of grade
a bureaucracy-munging.

Being a bureaucrat is beneath all of us, which is why I express such
dismay that so many of us have succumbed so quickly...

Martin