Re: [Fsfe-uk] affs strategy [long]

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] affs strategy [long]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:16:47 +0100

 || On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:47:41 +0000
 || Marc Eberhard <address@hidden> wrote:

 >> -- to give an annual free software award (?)

 me> That's a great idea! We might even be able to get the prize money
 me> from big players in the market by including their name as
 me> sponsors, but still making the correct statement about free
 me> software. Not to mention the possibilities of getting a celebrity
 me> to announce and hand over the prize. Yes, I really like this
 me> idea!

The idea is good and I'm supporting it, but the question is whether
this should be done by the AFFS alone or whether we put it on a bigger
scale (FSF Europe / other associates).

Both may be useful.

Regards,
Georg

FYI: The FSF Europe will most likely be more involved in the FSF Award
next year (this year we took care of Guido and organized some
things). We did think about potentially giving out an additional
"European award" since the current award is given out by the FSF North
America (FSF NA).

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation Europe                  (http://fsfeurope.org)