Re: AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, d

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, dear friends...)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:43:35 +0000

Nick:
> I shall be more specific. The text is overlapping and the boxes which
> contain it are merging with each other. Will get a jpg for you
> off-list.

OK, sorry.  I thought you were commenting on my personal site.  It seems
Alex already has a copy of Konq to hand, so no worries.

Absolute positioning is currently hell, as IE5.5 is definitely broken in
that regard, IIRC.  Nielsen recommends that we can't rely on advanced CSS
etc until 2003 at best, which I'm inclined to agree with, especially for an
"outreach" site.  By all means, dress the site up for users with compliant
browsers, but we must be at least usable without.
--
MJR