Re: [Fsfe-uk] hello world; logo

From: Nick Mailer
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] hello world; logo
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:46:55 +0000

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:34:34PM -0000, Axel Segebrecht wrote:

> > Hi, I'm on here too now, well have been for a while actually
>
> Hi Paul
>
> > Zebra - trying to think of a link with black & white, but my brains
> > not working at the moment.
>
> GNU Zebra = routing software (http://www.zebra.org/)
> Zebraweb Ltd Based in Cambridge (http://www.zebraweb.com/)
> ... and a few others are using it.
>
> Not sure a Zebra fits too well...

Indeed. We use it. Underknown but very useful programme. You can save
thousands of pounds by using it instead of buying an expensive
proprietary CISCO router.

> > Giraffe - no ideas here
>
> PosiWeb (http://posiweb.net) uses the Giraffe + a few others...

Indeed, we are them. Our longer name is The Positive Internet Company
Ltd :-)

And we only host using Free and open-source software, so I guess our
giraffe is welcome in the GNU menagerie.