Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.

From: Alistair Davidson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 19:59:12 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:

Alistair Davidson <address@hidden> writes:

How about we forget about all this "executive" nonsense and just run the whole thing as a huge game of Nomic? ;0)

That probably needs explaining for me to understand. :-/

Nomic is an extremely geeky game,where altering the rules is the only move you can make (at least, at first). http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/nomic.htm is the creator's home page. My suggestion was a joke, of course :)

Alistair Davidson <address@hidden> writes:

Looked okay to me. Personally, I prefer "British" also. Generally, organisations tend to name themselves that way, so we have British Airways and British Telecom and so on, not UK Airways and UK Telecom.

AirUK?

There's an AirUK?

Ah well, exception that proves the rule and all that... ;)

You suggested the British Association for the Freedoms of Software. That's a good name, though I'm not sure whether freedom should be plural. I also like "British Association for Software Freedom", but there's not much difference.

There are plural freedoms.  I'm also unsure about "Freedoms of
Software" as against "Software Freedom", but I think we might get a
bit of trouble if we try to call ourselves BASF.  ;-)

Heehee, that's true.

While I'm posting anyway, I'm sure that everyone will be pleased to here that I now have Linux sitting in another partition on this box. As soon as I can get the modem working I'll prove it with headers :0)))