[Fsfe-france] DRM Sony & securite nationale USA

From: Laurent GUERBY
Subject: [Fsfe-france] DRM Sony & securite nationale USA
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:51:08 +0100

Une question a faire poser chez nous aussi si vote en urgence il y a.

Laurent

http://www.greaterdemocracy.org/archives/000438.html
<<
November 17, 2005
Sony and our National Security

Recently, there has been a lot of discussion about Sony's 'rootkit' that
they had secretly been installing on computers around the world and the
security issues it has raised.

As I read this, I felt compelled to write the following letter to my
Congressperson, Chris Shays, who is chairman of the Subcommittee on
National Security, Emerging Threats and International Relations.

"    Rep. Shays,

    As Chairman of the Subcommittee on National Security, Emerging
Threats and International Relations, I wish to bring your attention to a
recent threat to our National Security. Recently, a large international
organization initiated an electronic attack on computers around the
world, including computers at the Department of Defense.

    Through the distribution of audio CDs, they secretly installed
software allowing them to gain and maintain access to the infected
computers. The issue is starting to be discussed in the mainstream
press, for example at Wired
(http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,69601,00.html ) and the
Washington Post
(http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2005/11/the_bush_admini.html ).

    I would urge the Subcommittee on National Security, Emerging Threats
and International Relations to fully investigate this electronic attack
and take actions against the large international organization to assure
that our country remains safe from such attacks.
"