[Fsfe-france] Quelques remous sur le modele des brevets via le Tamiflu

From: Laurent GUERBY
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Quelques remous sur le modele des brevets via le Tamiflu
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:54:45 +0200

L'economiste Dean Baker secoue un peu ses collegues sur
le sujet des brevets, enfin !

Laurent

http://maxspeak.org/mt/archives/001689.html
<<
[...]
The $220 billion question (current U.S. spending on prescription drugs)
is where are the economists? Remember, economists are people that get
high blood pressure from 10 percent tariffs on shoes or pants. When Bush
put a temporary tariff on steel imports that maxed out at 30 percent,
economists all over the country became apoplectic. So why is the
economics profession overwhelmingly silent about drug patents, which are
the equivalent of tariffs of 300 percent on average, and affect a
product that is much more important to our economy and our health?

We recognize that patents are a way to provide incentives for research,
but where is the economic research that shows that they are the most
efficient way? You won’t find it, because economists have mostly chosen
to ignore the issue.
[...]

Des reponses aux objections ici :
http://maxspeak.org/mt/archives/001704.html