[Fsfe-france] Projet Europeen COSPA sur Groklaw

From: Laurent GUERBY
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Projet Europeen COSPA sur Groklaw
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:38:46 +0200

Un article tres interessant sur le sujet de la migration progressive
d'un environnement proprietaire vers du logiciel libre.

Laurent

<<
Overview: Initial Results of a Large-Scale Migration Project ~ by Carlo
Daffara

Thursday, October 20 2005 @ 01:30 PM EDT

Carlo Daffara sent me a fascinating email about the European COSPA
project, that is doing a controlled study of migrations to Free and Open
Source software by European governmental administrations. They are
measuring and facilitating migrations in a two-step strategy, initially
to OpenOffice.org and later to GNU/Linux on the desktops. They already
have thousands of desktops migrated, with thousands more planned. The
data on switching to OpenOffice.org is very encouraging.

What have they found so far? What makes the transition work well? Are
there steps one can take to improve user acceptance and ease
transitional issues? He told me some of what they found, and I asked him
if he'd be willing to elaborate on the findings for Groklaw, and he
graciously agreed.

[...]