[Fsfe-france] Suite et fin? : CSPLA et Obser vatoire des usages culture

From: miluz
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Suite et fin? : CSPLA et Obser vatoire des usages culturels numériques
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 03:07:26 +0200

Si même au WIPO ils sont obligés d'équilibrer le débat, ils n'ont plus aucune raison de zapper cette obligation en France.
(EFF)
* A Trio of Victories at WIPO

Geneva - Our latest trip to the World Intellectual Property
Organization (WIPO) ended last week, and we registered
victories on all three of the issues we've been following.
First, the Development Agenda -- which looks at WIPO's impact
on developing nations -- will continue to be a central part
of the organization's work in 2006. Even as developed
countries like the U.S., Japan, and most European states
tried to shunt these proceedings into a committee that hadn't
met for two years, developing countries from around the globe
fought to keep their future on the front burner. A compromise
was reached, and the Development Agenda will proceed in a
provisional body specifically tasked with producing concrete
recommendations for next year's General Assembly Meeting.

The forces of radical protectionism were also stymied in
their push on the Broadcasting Treaty, a proposed text that
would have granted broadcasters and webcasters copyright-like
rights over the content they transmit. Its supporters wanted
a "diplomatic conference" -- the last step before a treaty is
ready for signatures -- in the first quarter of 2006. But
they were denied, and the treaty will be dissected in at
least two more meetings before a diplomatic conference is
discussed again.

Finally, we're happy to report that a host of new allies (and
a few new adversaries) will join us in future WIPO battles.
WIPO approved the pending memberships of all non-govermental
organizations (NGOs) with outstanding applications, ending
the year-long fight _to include a broader representation of
civil society. This help is most welcome as we embark on the
next round in the fight for balanced information policy at
WIPO_.