Re: [Fsfe-france] concepts et questions de terminologie

From: Laurent GUERBY
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france] concepts et questions de terminologie
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 22:51:29 +0200

Pour moi, la distinction fonctionnel / non fonctionnel n'est pas le
support de la philosophie du logiciel libre. Le logiciel libre
est une construction sociale et les logiciels (libres ou pas) sont
des oeuvres comme toutes les autres (art ou pas, fonctionnel ou
pas, ...).

La ou le logiciel libre et surtout la communaute du logiciel libre
se demarquent des autres domaines de la creation c'est la reconnaissance
du fait qu'une oeuvre

- peut etre massivement collective
- est en perpetuel changement
- peut se decliner en plusieurs oeuvres

Qui s'oppose a la vision "classique" d'une oeuvre

- l'auteur genial tout seul
- grave dans le marbre
- toute adaptation est criminelle

Le projet interessant du moment pour cette analyse est bien sur
wikipedia qui meme si classiquement se classerait dans le non
fonctionnel / artistique / etc a resolument suivi la meme approche que
le logiciel libre plutot que celle de Britannica ou Universalis qui
suivent le modele "classique" : meta auteurs geniaux donnant une
coherence a l'oeuvre inatteignable par tout autre systeme.

Toujours pour moi, wikipedia va contribuer a briser le mythe
que la creation d'oeuvres non logicielles ne peut s'operer que dans la
"vision" classique, et necessairement va s'etendre a d'autres oeuvres,
meme si le mouvement ne sera ni rapide, ni regulier. Avec l'arrivee
de la video pour tous, les teles associatives et petites productions
independantes seront sans doute les premieres.

Le mythe du musicien / groupe et surtout la realite du jackpot financier
pour les quelques en haut des "charts" est bien plus fort, ca prendra
plus de temps ... pour revenir apres ce passage dans le desert a l'etat
originel de la musique ou tout le monde copie et adapte tout le monde.

Laurent

Pour apprendre a voir l'avenir de la creation en se divertissant

http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations/revelations.html

De la FAQ :
<<
Question
How were the FX done in "Revelations" and where did you get the talent?

Answer:

"Revelations" is very FX heavy with just about every shot deals with
some sort of composite, CG elements, or FX. A main reason for needing
FX was the fact that most of the shots for the film were in a
greenscreen studio and needed to have the sets built in. The fact that
we are also dealing with the Star Wars universe naturally requires FX
and CG locations.

The make up of the "Revelations" FX teams is very unique and
diverse. The first thing I did was start shooting, and then hit every
forum and every network I could looking for talented CG artists from
around the world. It took some doing, and a lot of turn over but in
the end we were able to collect a very strong FX team from all over
the world. UK, Canada, the Neatherlands, Australia, Germany, Sweden,
Lithuania, and various parts in the USA.

"Revelations" is about what a collective talent pool, a group of
dedicated volunteers, can do with a film. I also wanted to show the
industry the talent that is out there and showcase that talent as well
as their dreams.

Once I had collected a team for the FX in the film, I worked
collaboratively with them on an online group. Here I could direct the
tasks to the crew and have them share the various resources needed, as
well as work as a team in terms of critique, assistance, and over all
production work flow.

One challenge and unique aspect for the FX done in "Revelations" is
the fact that it was created on many different platforms and software
solutions for CG and composite applications. I let the artists work
with the tool sets they were comfortable with as long as it fit with
the big picture for the film and we were able to find a good solution
for continuity. The end result is that "Revelations" was made with 3ds
max, Lightwave, Maya, Cine4d, Terragen, and even Bryce. Just about
anything you can throw at it. All the editing was done on Premiere Pro
and most of the composite work done in After Effects.

The FX were done by the hard dedication of the team, and a group of
talented artists who believed in "Revelations".
[...]
Question:

What are your plans after "Revelations"?

Answer:

If the funding is there we plan to go on and make our own original
films on an even larger scale. We have been able to test out a great
deal of ideas with "Revelations" and see where and what the limits
are. As far as we are concerned there are none. Independent film can
make Hollywood productions with dedication, a strong team, and a bit
of a dream, oh .. and a bit of money. And lots of time. The most
important thing is to have fun!

Pour les travaux pratiques, leur demander leurs modeles 3D en GPL :).