[Fsfe-france] Re: [At-parl] Software Patents : Postcard Action

From: Henrion Benjamin
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: [At-parl] Software Patents : Postcard Action
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:45:14 +0200

Rene Mages <address@hidden> [040808]:

> Hi all,
>
> Probably, the EU Software patent Directive should return to the European
> Parlement during the autumn of 2004. If you can ( preferably before the
> end of August 2004 ) send a postcard  to your governmental officials ,
> your MPs and your MEPs :

The probability, as far as I know is low. The text is not yet out of the
Council, and will not be before we break it.

I explain myself:

1. the translations are not yet done (only 13 over 20,
and the malta translators accredited for this task are rare and
expensive);

2. the six weeks period is taking place after the official publication
of **ALL** the 20 translations, and maybe the formal vote date
can be delayed, if we move the 25 parliaments at the same time, and it
can only be achived by moving supporters, to contact their national
parliament;

3. so the problem is **again**, not to worry about the European
Parliament, but to worry about each national parliament, so that they do
exaclty what has happened in NL, and better, that their minister follows
sharply.

I can give you other reasons (in private) why the postcard action should
be targetted to National Parliaments.

It would be very helpful if citizens of each country (even more FFII
representatives) fullfill a wiki page with the responsible MPs of their
National Parliament. It is very important to well choose those ones, and
to send it to the whole political class.