Re: [Fsfe-france] Re: Demande d'information au sujet du format PDF

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france] Re: Demande d'information au sujet du format PDF
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 00:26:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Loic Dachary wrote:

> Cécile Henner writes:
>  > Bonjour,
>  >
>  > j'ai découvert la libraire FPDF (http://www.fpdf.org) qui permet en PHP
>  > de générer des fichiers PDF. L'auteur de la librairie indique qu'il
>  > s'agit d'un freeware qu'on peut utilisé à but commercial ou non.
>  >
>  > Mais aucune référence n'est fait quant à l'utilisation du format PDF qui
>  > est lié à la société Adobe.
>  >
>  > J'aimerais savoir si je peux vraiment utiliser cette librairie
>  > librement, qu'il s'agisse d'un site web personnel ou à but commercial.
>  > Si je suis une entreprise de création de site et que j'utilise cet
>  > outil, suis-je dans mon tort ? que dois-je faire ?
>  >
>  > J'espère que vous pourrez répondre à mon probleme
>  >
>  > Cordialement
>  > Cécile Henner
>  >

>       Bonjour,
>
>       Je réponds tardivement à votre question envoyée sur
> address@hidden (les vacances :-). Cette réponse est publiée sur
> la liste publique de FSF France, je vous laisse le soin de vous faire
> connaitre si vous le souhaitez.
>
>       Il n'existe à ma connaissance aucune restriction sur l'utilisation
> du format PDF, qu'il s'agisse de produire des fichiers PDF ou de les lire.

http://www.foo.be/docs-free/PDF-ref/PDFReference.pdf

Pour  ton  information,  venant  de  la référence  officielle  de  PDF
concernant l'utilisation du format :

""
1.4 Intellectual Property
The general idea of using an interchange format for electronic documents is in
the public  domain.  Anyone  is free  to devise a  set of  unique data
structures  and  operators  that  define  an  interchange  format  for
electronic  documents. However,  Adobe Systems  Incorporated  owns the
copyright for  the particular data  struc-tures and operators  and the
written specification  constituting the interchange  format called the
Portable  Document  Format.  Thus,  these elements  of  the  Port-able
Document Format  may not be copied without  Adobe's permission.  Adobe
will  enforce its  copyright.  Adobe's intention  is  to maintain  the
integrity of the Portable  Document Format standard.  This enables the
public to  distinguish between the Portable Document  Format and other
interchange formats for elec-tronic documents.  However, Adobe desires
to promote  the use  of the Portable  Document Format  for information
interchange  among diverse  products  and applications.   Accordingly,
Adobe gives anyone copyright permission, subject to
the conditions stated below, to:
· Prepare files whose content conforms to the Portable Document Format
· Write  drivers and applications  that produce output  represented in
the Portable Document Format
·  Write software  that  accepts input  in  the form  of the  Portable
Document
Format and displays, prints, or otherwise interprets the contents
· Copy Adobe's  copyrighted list of data structures  and operators, as
well as the example  code and PostScript language function definitions
in  the written  specification, to  the  extent necessary  to use  the
Portable Document Format for the purposes above

The conditions of such copyright permission are:
· Software  that accepts  input in the  form of the  Portable Document
Format  must   respect  the  access  permissions   specified  in  that
document.  Accessing  the  docu-ment  in  ways not  permitted  by  the
document's access permissions is a violation of the document author's
copyright.

·  Anyone  who  uses  the  copyrighted list  of  data  structures  and
operators,  as stated  above,  must include  an appropriate  copyright
notice.  This limited right to use the copyrighted list of data structures and
operators does not include the right to copy this book, other copyrighted
material from
Adobe,  or  the software  in  any of  Adobe's  products  that use  the
Portable Docu-
ment Format, in whole or in part, nor does it include the right to use
any Adobe
patents,  except as  may  be  permitted by  an  official Adobe  Patent
Clarification
Notice (see the Bibliography).
Acrobat,  Acrobat Capture,  Acrobat Reader,  ePaper, the  "Get Acrobat
Reader" Web
logo,  the "Adobe  PDF" Web  logo, and  all other  trademarks, service
marks, and
logos used  by Adobe  (the "Marks") are  the registered  trademarks or
trademarks
of  Adobe  Systems  Incorporated   in  the  United  States  and  other
countries. Nothing
in this book is intended to grant  you any right or license to use the
Marks for any
purpose.

"""
--