[Fsfe-france] VCG licencing issue

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Fsfe-france] VCG licencing issue
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:26:27 +0200

        Hi,

        I'm having a problem related to the distribution of VCG, as
published at http://rw4.cs.uni-sb.de/users/sander/html/gsvcg1.html.
Although VCG is published under the GNU GPL, it contains obfuscated
source code. As a result, I'm unable to redistribute it because I
would violate the GNU GPL that states that the sources are defined as
"the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it".

        This issue could be fixed easily if you're willing to provide
the non obfuscated version of the source code. Is this possible ?

        Thanks in advance,

12 bd  Magenta         http://www.eucd.info/      address@hidden